Enjoy a Pain-Free Life, Have Epidural Injections For Pain Management of disc, Spinal Stenosis and Sciatica
Back pains are common with people and can be prevalent with people of old age. Primarily, doctors may recommend exercises physical therapy and medications to treat such pains. When all fails, injections can be a good choice to manage inflammation and pains on the back. With many options available, Epidural Injections For Pain Management is a reliable approach to treating the disturbing condition. Epidural injections for pain management involve the use of steroids and anesthesia.
The epidural injection is used to treat pains in the joint and the spine. Pains from the spine frequently extend to the legs and arms. Several reasons are responsible for this and include:
- The narrowing of the spinal passage or spinal stenosis
- Sciatic resulting from the pressure on the sciatic nerve
- A bulging disc or herniated disc that continues to put pressure on the nerves of the spine linked to the legs and arms.
- Injuries and or compression to the spinal nerves or vertebrae.
Epidural Injections process involves injecting both an anti-inflammatory medication and an anesthetic at the nerve that is affected. They serve to coat and cover the irritated nerves providing relief against pain and other likely injuries allowing sufficient time for the nerve to heal. The reduction in inflammation resolves the pain quickly and helps the body begin the healing process by providing the nerves enough time to recover.
An Epidural Injections For Pain Management can be an alternative to surgery and a permanent solution likewise.
The Procedure For Epidural Injections For Pain Management
An Epidural injections process takes simple steps and can be administered to an outpatient or done in the clinic. The following are steps to guide intending patients:
You put on or change into a gown
- You lie face down on the x-ray table provided putting a pillow under your stomach. If pains result from this position, you may rest on your side or sit up.
- The specialist cleans the back area where the needle will penetrate. Medication may be applied to numb the area. Medication to help you relax may be administered as well.
- The specialist inserts the needle to a selected area on the back. An x-ray machine that produces real-time images may be used to help guide the needle to the right spot of your lower back.
- A combination of numbing medicine and steroid is injected into the area. The medication reduces pressure on the larger nerves around the spine and helps to alleviate pains. Inflammation is reduced likewise.
- The process is not a painful one most times. Some pressures though are felt during the injection. Movement during the injection should be avoided to aid precision.
- You are examined for a period of about 15 minutes to 20 minutes before releasing you to go home.
Risks Of Epidural Injections For Pain Management
Though there are many risks connected with Epidural Injections For Pain Management, they are most times relatively rare. It is advised you discuss with our specialist before the process begins.
The Potential Risks To Expect Include:
- Nerve damage
- Dural puncture
- Side Effects
Besides the dangers involved in Epidural injections, there are possible side effects from the steroid medication. These include:
- Facial flushing
- High blood pressure
- Fever in the night of injection
- Stomach ulcer
On the first visit to our center, we make sure to let our potential clients know the associated risks and side effects of Epidural Injections For Pain Management treatments besides the benefits.
Epidural Injections For Pain Management Cost
The national average charge for Epidural injections for pain management according to Dr. Brian Kessler, the medical director at Spine and Sports Medicine is $1,091. The cost range falls between $112 to as high as $1,397. Cost of treatment may be expected to vary owing to different factors. the experience of the specialist and the status of the medical facility may be another. Cheap does not affordable, you should look for a clinic that provides the best service at a reasonable price.
Our Specialist will educate you on what is required for your treatment during your initial consultation with us. We are known for our excellent services and our facilities rank among the best in the industry. Book an appointment with us to begin a life without pains and enjoy freedom.